Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hooray for snow!


I realize that after the last entry that perhaps I may have sounded a bit dire (it prompted e-mails and phone calls from my parents to make sure I was alright - thanks Mom and Dad), but things are looking up. Still no money for sure, but I at least have an idea of what research I can do this summer and that's the first major hurdle to get over. But, I won't bore you with the mundane details of grad student life - just know that I have been getting away from time to time to hit the slopes and shred it on the mountain. With the exception of last weekend, the snow here has been phenomenal and I'm having a great time honing my snowboarding skills. I still try to shirk the 'snowboarder' image as much as possible (aka listless jerk who flies down the mountain out of control without regards for others), but I'm starting to look a little too good to not be considered bonafide (I hope people can sense the sarcasm there). Here's a picture of my roommate Brian and I on the chairlift on a day when the temp didn't get about 10F. It's really the embodiment of happiness - hooray for snow!

No comments: